You’ve got a quote and now you’re ready to sign on the dotted line and move forward with your new Brisbane carport. Put down that pen… Now! Before you sign on the dotted line with your hand, use your mouth first to ask some important questions of your potential carport builder.
Mr or Mrs carport builder…
- Do you have insurances and licences? Insurance is an absolute necessity for anyone who works on your property, just in case something goes wrong. If they hurt themselves or others, or damage your property, you’ll then be covered. Also make sure they have all relevant licences they need.
- What’s your experience in building carports in Brisbane? Taking a chance on a complete novice is somewhat noble, but it’s probably better they get experience on other homeowners’ carports! For your new carport, make sure your builder has plenty of experience and ask to view samples of their work.
- Do you provide a free design? You certainly shouldn’t sign a contact until you know what exactly your new carport will look like. There are essentially an endless number of potential designs and you’ll want to be sure the carport you want – and your home needs – is the carport that will be built.
- Do you guarantee your work? When you’re spending thousands of dollars on a new carport, you’d expect it to last a long time. You’ll therefore want some reassurance that if something does go wrong, you’re covered.
- Will I need to get local government approval for my carport? You probably will and your Brisbane carport builder should know or will be able to find out. A good builder will help you through the approval process.
- Should I get another quote? You’ll probably be hesitant to ask this question, so if you are, here’s a tip. If you aren’t confident whether the quote you’ve received is reasonable, by all means get a second quote.
Make Mr Carports your carport builder
If you’re not comfortable asking questions at all of your carport builder, here a short cut. Simply make Mr Carports your choice in Brisbane. We’ll even answer all the above questions for you:
- Insurance and licences – we are full insured and have licences for every state we work in, including Queensland.
- Experience – we’ve been building carport since 1991. Enough said!
- Free designs – we provide a free design of your customed carport after our initial discussion and before you sign a contract.
- Guarantees – we’re so confident of our quality materials and workmanship that we have a 10-year structural guarantee on all carports.
- Local government approvals – our branch owners are local and understand the approval process in their areas. We’re always happy to help you though what can be a daunting process.
- Quotes – we will not be beaten on a comparable written quote. We also have a fixed priced guarantee, so unless something unexpected happens (e.g. finding rock on excavation) the price on the quote is what you will pay.
Any more questions? Call Mr Carports on 1800 557 782 to organise a visit to your Brisbane home.
Here’s some questions for your potential Brisbane carport builder before you sign on the dotted line.