Take a look at the main image on this page and what do you see. Yep, it’s a darn good looking Sydney carport, that’s for sure, but let’s go a bit deeper and more detailed than that.
Yes, it’s a tiled-roof carport, which is so popular around Sydney these days, particularly for homes that also have tiled roofs. Yes, there’s extensive use of timber, both in the structural elements and the decorative features. And yes, it features a ceiling to give the carport even more polish and style.
Overall, the Sydney carport does a marvellous job of matching the home that it sits in front of. So good, that you may think it was built when the home was built. But if that’s what you’re thinking, you’d be wrong.
This custom designed carport was actually built recently by Mr Carports Sydney branch. One of the key wishes of the homeowners was to build a carport that mimicked the style of their beautiful heritage home and we think you’ll agree that they’ve done a pretty good job of that.
Another wish of the homeowners was for the ceiling of the carport to meet-up with the existing verandah on the side of the home. This was wanted for two reasons. Firstly, to create a carport that would give coverage for two cars and secondly, to allow people to get to and from the home and their vehicles without getting wet, on a rainy day. This was achieved by including a rear overhang on the carport.
The perfect carport match
Matching a carport with the existing home is one of the most common requests we receive and it makes perfect design sense. However, in practice it’s not always simple to do.
For our branch owners, however, most of whom have decades in the industry and extensive experience in sourcing and using materials to match existing structures, it’s something they do all the time. Here are a few tips if you’re looking to create the perfect carport match:
- Start with your home and look at it from the outside, top to bottom.
- The roof style is a key area that you’ll want to match. For example, if you have a flat roof home, a flat roof carport will generally work best, a home with a gable roof, a gable roof carport, and so on.
- While on the roof, ideally use the same materials and colours used in your home.
- Look at the features of your home and replicate this in the carport. This can include matching the style of posts (e.g. timber posts or boxed-in and rendered frames around the posts) and other special features, such as decorative items on older homes.
- Last, but certainly not least, match the paint colours used on your home.
Here’s an even better tip, simply give Mr Carports a call on 1800 557 782 and we’ll design the carport that will perfectly match your home for you. Phone today and we’ll organise a time to visit for a no-obligation discussion of your needs, as well as provide a free design and quote.
Match your Sydney carport to your home and you’ll be on a real winner.
1. Waste Management - rubbish.com.au Skip Bins Hire Macarthur Area NSW
2. Marketing - absolutecolour.com.au short run A4 portrait stapled booklets