We’ve all heard of the ‘Man of Steel’ but what about the ‘Carport of Steel’? As well as having a pretty cool ring to the name, a Brisbane carport built primarily of steel will provide you with many benefits, including helping to win back your weekends!
So, how can a carport built of steel help win back your weekends? Well, if you’re the sort of family that would prefer to be relaxing at home or out doing things, rather than spending all your spare time cleaning and maintaining your house and property, a steel carport will help reduce the maintenance.
That’s right, a steel carport is what you’d call low-maintenance. A clean down every now and again to remove cobwebs, dirt and grime is perhaps all that’s required. But let’s face it, if you can’t even be bothered doing that, we’ll forgive you. And most importantly, so will your carport.
The benefits of a Brisbane carport built from steel
- It perhaps goes without saying, but we’re going to say it anyway, steel is strong.
- As well as being strong, steel maintains its strength and durability for a long time, and won’t rot, warp or twist. That’s why we can confidently say that it won’t require maintenance for a long, long time.
- Does steel look good? Of course it’s all a matter of personal taste, but it’s important to note that steel used in outside structures has come a long way from the zinc and galvanised steel that used to abound. For the roof and any walls, for example, today’s steel comes in a range of colours and profiles, to suit any application or any Brisbane home. Structural steel has also come a long way and is far from ugly. In fact, some structural steel has been designed to have a similar appearance to painted timber posts and beams.
- As for cost, you don’t need to raid the piggy bank to build a Brisbane carport made from steel. In some cases, a steel carport can be cheaper to build than a timber one. Partly, this is because a lot of the fabrication is done off-site and the structure put together in situ. This can also make a steel carport quicker to build.
- If you do decide to build a carport for your Brisbane home using steel structural materials and roofing, why not go the whole hog? You can use steel in virtually every element of a carport, including the gutters, downpipes, any decorative sections and of course the screws.
- Did we say that steel is low-maintenance? Yes, we did, but it’s worth repeating again. Build your Brisbane carport from steel and you can relax, knowing that it will be standing a long time with little or no maintenance.
To find out how Mr Carports can build a steel carport for your Brisbane home, see our Brisbane website page or phone us on 1800 557 782.