Did you know there are some countries where the number of cars per head of population is quite low? Countries like Bangladesh, the Solomon Islands, Nepal and North Korea. That’s not the case in Australia, Victoria or Melbourne, however, which is why the humble Melbourne carport is as popular as ever and here to stay.
Cars need carports
Incidentally, the country with the highest number of vehicles per capita, according to Wikipedia, is the small microstate in Europe, San Marino. Monaco comes second, United States third and Australia comes in sixth. According to the last Motor Vehicle Census in Australia (we’re not kidding, it’s a thing!), there were 19.8 million registered motor vehicles in Australia on 31st January last year, an increase of 1.5 per cent. That’s around .77 cars for each person.
The upshot of all this is that with so many cars, we need a lot of carports to protect them. And that’s certainly the case in Melbourne.
Building a Melbourne carport just for you
You don’t need to have a Melbourne carport to park 19.8 million vehicles, you just need a carport for you. But, depending on your needs, this can be anything from a single carport to a carport for four cars and a caravan.
Thankfully, Mr Carport builds carports for you. Because we specialise in building fully customised carports, not cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all carports that may or may not suit your needs.
Why a custom Melbourne carport is the best fit
- You can get the size carport you need, presuming of course that you can fit it on your block. This might mean a carport that’s big enough for your car or cars, but it might also include some extra space for storage.
- You can choose the carport style to suit your Melbourne home, one that will match or complement your house. An off-the-shelf Melbourne carport can often looked tacked on and a mismatch for the home it’s built alongside.
- An important consideration when thinking about carport style is the roof type. There are a variety to choose from, with the main ones being flat roof, Dutch gable, hip roof, gable roof and lean-to. Some roof styles will suit your home, while some might not.
- You can also choose the materials and colours you want. Timber or steel posts and beams, a roof made from tiles, Colorbond or polycarbonate, a rendered carport…
- You can add options such as a roller door, decorative features, screening on one or more sides and lighting.
The result will be the perfect Melbourne carport for you. It might not be the perfect carport for someone else, but that’s OK. It’s not their customised carport!
Mr Carports in Melbourne
When you are ready to talk about your custom options, we’re ready to listen. Give Mr Carports a call on 1800 557 782 and we’ll organise a time to meet to discuss your project.